Due to growth in the business, Bluebird Care (Chelmsford) are recruiting for an Account Assistant to join a busy accounts team in the Chelmsford area. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in finance and accounts, as you will assist in providing financial & accounting support for six Domiciliary care franchises which will enable you to develop experience in a medium sized company.
Responsibilities of an Accounts Assistant:
- Raising Sales Invoices and Credit notes using booking system
- Allocating customer payments received (this includes taking card payments over the telephone)
- Dealing with customer finance queries, by phone or email
- Liaising with office employees, to ensure the correct fees are charged
- Processing Monthly Payroll, using our booking system and Sage Payroll
- Answering payroll queries including holiday pay, SSP and tax codes
- Assisting with Credit Control
- Processing Purchase Ledger Invoices and supplier payments
- Other Ad-hoc duties
Key Experience needed for an Accounts Assistant:
- Competent on Word, Outlook and Excel
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English grade C or above
Desirable attributes for an Accounts Assistant
- Knowledge / Experience with Sage Payroll, Sage 50 Accounts.
- Experience of working with zero-hour contracts.
- An individual whom has worked in a team environment and is a good communicator.
- Experience working in the health and social care sector.
- An individual whom is proactive, focused and able to work towards deadlines
- On-going training
- Career progression
- Enhanced Pension rates
- Health benefits Scheme (including discounted Gym membership)
- 20 days holiday plus Public Bank Holidays and more!
We are a friendly professional team filled with lots of amazing office staff with plenty of tea, coffee and cake available. To join our team as an Accounts Assistant please click apply today and our friendly Recruitment Team will be in touch to tell you more about the role.