If you have a passion for caring for people in the community , along with excellent PEOPLE SKILLS and ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS , then working as a Care Coordinator may be the right career for you.
Requirements of the Care Coordinator:
- You will need to be able to work under pressure and thrive in a busy and challenging environment.
- You will need to have the ability to multi-task and have a pro-active, can-do attitude.
- The job requires travel to clients homes as well as being office-based, so a driving licence and access to a car would be ideal, but if you are willing to use public transport that is also fine.
Please note – care is a 24 hour service, therefore the care Coordinator role will require you to take the out of hours on-call mobile for some evenings and weekends (shared with other colleagues). You will need to be ready and on-hand to deal with any emergencies that may arise during this time.
About Rainbow Homecare:
- We started in 2011 and now have approximately 80 carers to manage and coordinate.
- We are based on Romford Road in Forest Gate and provide care for the elderly and the disabled in their own homes. The areas we cover are all of Newham and surrounding areas.
- Having recently been awarded a contract in Newham, we are expanding our team as the work grows
Responsibilities of the Care Coordinator:
- Coordinating carers rotas
- Arranging sickness absence and holiday cover
- Taking new referrals
- Carrying out assessments and home visits (involves travel to clients homes)
- Take weekend and evening on-call duties
- Supervising carers
- Monitoring services by carrying out spot checks and building a rapport with our service users
- Assisting the manager with day to day running of the services
If you would like to join as a Care Coordinator click apply today and we will be in touch to say hello.