Training Manager (Health & Social Care)
£23000 - £25000 Per Annum
Purpose of the Training Manager role:
Work with the Registered Manager and Operations Manager to make sure our people have the right skills, knowledge and understanding to safely meet the needs of the business. Compassionate, competent staff are key to providing safe, high quality homecare services that meet customers’ needs and preferences. This important role is directly accountable to the Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities of the Training Manager role:
To develop and implement a training strategy and programme so that:
- Our Staff are suitably qualified to satisfy the immediate and future needs of our homecare business
- Each customer receives the care and support they need to lead dignified, fulfilling lives as far as they are able
- The business meets national care standards and legal requirements
Perks and benefits of the Training Manager role:
- Up to £25,000 per annum (based on experience)
- Mileage allowance
- Use of pool car
- 28 days annual leave
- Health Care Scheme
- Duvet day and Xmas Shopping day
- Most importantly a friendly supportive framework and an amazing team of carers.
Duties of the Training Manager role:
- Develop and lead on the training strategy for the Company
- Manage and implement individual and business training plans
- Plan, prepare and deliver induction and other training for care staff, supervisors and coordinators
- Promote anti-discriminatory practice and brand values during induction, any further training and in the application of all Company policies and procedures
- Draw upon a range of methods to support staff to learn about best care practice, to keep their skills and knowledge up to date and to continue their professional development e.g. eLearning, classroom based training, on the job practice etc.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training programmes. Provide reports to the registered manager and Directors. Make sure learning methods are cost effective and make improvements where necessary
- Assist line managers to solve specific training requirements either on a one to one or group basis
- Build positive working relationships with staff and other professionals in the field of health and social care
- Liaise with the recruitment & HR manager/ supervisor/ registered manager to make sure staff receive appropriate induction training and ongoing support and to address any performance related matters
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to training and development
- Keep own practice and knowledge up to date through research, meetings and attending courses
- Be prepared to work flexibly as part of the Management Team.
- Keep accurate records of Staff training needs.
Click apply today to find out more about the role of Training Manager!