Alresford after school club are looking for an experienced Wrap Around Child Care Manager to lead the team. The position is a Term Time contract offering hours of work of Monday to Friday 2.45pm-6.00pm.
The successful applicant must hold a level 3 childcare qualification, equivalent or above and experience leading and guiding a team. The successful candidate must have a fun personality, good communication skills, be a people person, love working with children and able to think on their feet in order to ensure smooth running of the sessions.
Fun 4 Kids is committed to the continuous professional development and well being of their staff.
Job summary of the Wrap Around Child Care Manager:
- Day to day management of the club.
- Provide quality playcare within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures
- Children attending the club and their parents or carers
- Management or proprietor and staff, students and volunteers
- Childcare and play organisations, schools, registering authorities
Main duties of the Wrap Around Child Care Manager include:
- Showing prospective children and their parents around, ensuring that they are welcomed and receive a positive experience.
- Planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Work with your team to develop weekly planning and maintain a daily timetable of activities.
- Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to parents/carers.
- Ensure that each child is cared for to the highest possible standard with regard to their unique personalities and in line with company policy.
- Delegating tasks fairly amongst the workforce.
- Oversee the delivery of the EYFS ensuring that staff are delivering it effectively.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Administering first aid when necessary.
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Implement risk assessment and ensure ongoing risk assessments are used and updated as necessary.
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
- Providing support and supervision to play workers and other staff, including volunteers, deal with any issues that may arise and report to the ADM or MD.
- Holding regular staff meetings and consulting with the ADM/MD with regards to regular reviews and appraisals for staff, staff working hours and any absences the MD may not be aware of.
- Ensure regular fire drills are in place.
- Administration and record keeping, including staff and child records, financial records, purchasing snacks, and working within an agreed budget.
- Developing and maintaining good communication with all members of the club, with schools, and especially with parents and provide a regular newsletter.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training and conducting in house training.
- Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures and ensuring that all staff adhere to them.
- Manage children’s behaviour effectively.
- Undertake relevant paperwork and keep up to date with documentation and legal requirements.
- Open and close the setting as necessary.
Essential Qualities of Wrap Around Child Care Manager
- At least 3 years experience of working in a childcare setting
- At least 1 years experience of working in a supervisory or management role
- Experience of working with 4 to 11 year olds
- Ability to use IT based resources to support play and club administration
- Experience of administration
- Delivering equal opportunities in a play setting
- Understanding the varied needs of children and families
- Appropriate Level 3 or above qualification
- Providing and facilitating safe, stimulating play
- Excellent communication skills together with sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of the children*
- Sound Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
*Para 3.25 of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2017
Desirable Qualities of a Wrap Around Child Care Manager
· Experience of working within a play-based setting
· Experience of budgeting
· Current driving licence
· Current 12-hour Paediatric First Aid Certificate
· Food Hygiene Certificate
· Appropriate child protection training
Part-time hours: 16.25 per week
Expected start date: ASAP